In Yogic terms, Dharma means ‘the intrinsic nature of a thing’. For instance the dharma of sugar is sweetness. We named this manstyle inspired slipper in a similar vein and reference to our range. With our flat shoes only approach, our aesthetic is intrinsically manstyle and ‘loungey’ and so we arrived at the name from that place.
For this silhouette the upper has been constructed without internal facings to create a very soft, malleable finish. The upper is very unstructured and slipper like – all the better for slipping on amidst piles of books and an open fire.
Hand selected for it’s very bold, highly distinctive quality; we adore the radical effect of antique turmeric and metallic as it plays on traditional regal palettes while punctuated with a punk rock flavour. Spliced with royal navy velvet lining and featuring medium length leather tassels and bronze copper hardware, there’s no doubt that these exotic beauties will take you right through winter in a haze of spicy greatness.
HOW TO WEAR
What we love about these slippers is just how perfectly they epitomise our desire for hibernation this winter, the perfect palette for fireside reading and weekend afternoons, bowl of soup in hand. Still there is no doubt that these beauties will be eye-turners, especially when worn as the accent to an oversized navy blazer with a button down blouse and man-style black plaid trousers for flared office chic.
Leather Upper / Textile Lined / Plant Rubber Sole
Made responsibly in China in small batch quantities by our long-term boutique manufacturing partner. Learn more about our maker and see the full behind-the-scenes from our makers workshop here
Due to the velvet lining on this style we are finding this style is running around a 1/2 size smaller than previous production, especially in the girth measurement (around the arch of the foot). Based on this we strongly recommend using the chart below to check your size even if you have purchased this silhouette before.
- Stand on a ruler and measure your foot in CM (centimetres) from heel to toe.
- Find the closest measurement to your size against the chart above making sure your foot is within the stated length
- For example if your foot measures 22.2CM we would recommend you take a Size 37
- This is a general guide to our fits. If you are still unsure feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org for help before you place your order.
WILL THEY STRETCH?
Yes. This is a leather upper / textile lined product so like all leather shoes will stretch around 5 - 7% on wearing depending on the amount of pressure applied to the upper. The velvet lining makes them delicious to wear without socks, even in winter!
HOW TO LOVE THEM
Leather is a wonderful material, breathable, durable and beautiful. But without a bit of love it can dry out and deteriorate.
For optimum care, we recommend you spray your new shoes with "Waproo Waterproofer" to protect them from unexpected showers.
Polish your leather shoes around once a month and clean when necessary with a leather conditioner and soft rag to remove any dirt accumulated on your travels.
For extra special treatment, polishing can help renew shoes that have developed scratches or other signs of regular wear. Wax and cream polishes available from a local shoe repairer will breath new life into your beloved toe tappers. Once your newly polished shoes have dried you can re-apply a waterproof spray for extra protection.
Supplied with a gorgeous pink canvas dustbag and sent to you with FREE SHIPPING and love!
Unique to Radical YES;
- Always limited edition product. We have made 60 pairs of this style for AW17
- Our super padded athletic-shoe quality removable leather footbed designed for all day on your feet comfort.
- Highly durable rubber outsole made from 85% plant rubber and verigated for extra grip in wet conditions
- Our outsole has also been created using a injection mold technique that allows the heel and sole to be executed in 1 piece for heel caps that last forever.
- Best quality hand selected materials personally sourced by our Design Team
- Just say YES!